[ale] setting up WP sandbox on Ubuntu...

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Aug 31 07:57:01 EDT 2006

Step wrote:
> Alright, me again.  The question's really easy this time - I think.  ;)
>
> I've removed mysql-server and mysql-client, and am trying to clean up
> after them per Bj?rn's instructions.  Problem is, when I do a "locate
> mysql" in /var, I get so many files that the list scrolls off the top
> of the terminal.  I tried "locate mysql -n 30", which worked fine,
> except how do I get the next 30?  I didn't see a page command in man!

It sounds like you are running with the scrollbar turned off, too.  I
think you are running xterm.  If so, try this.

Hold down the ctrl key, position the mouse cursor somewhere in the xterm
window and press the middle mouse button.  You'll get a list of VT
options.  If the Enable Scrollbar isn't checked, move the mouse cursor
to that line and release the button.  That should turn it on.  Then you
can scroll back to see the list of stuff that went off the top, next
time it happens.  I forget the option when bringing up xterm to turn it
on, but I think it might be xterm -sb.  Check the man page.

Jim.