[ale] Validating email addresses

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 30 18:10:51 EDT 2006

I will also add that when I run my program on the data I do the
following.

1.  connect to remoet MX
2.  Issue EHLO
3.  MAIL FROM: <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
4.  RCPT TO: <01234567890 at domain.com>
    I do this to see if it will accept it.  If it
    does accept it I assume that I can't verify because it
    will give me a 250 for anything I send.

When I ran this on a segment of data 90% of them could not be validated
because of #4 above.  I've googled for many of the programs in windows
and it appears to me they all do what I'm doing.  I would assume they
would get similar results.