[ale] Linux on sparc recommendations?

runman runman at speedfactory.net
Sat Aug 26 14:25:37 EDT 2006

Which Ubuntu and which Sunblade ???  I tried to install Kubuntu & plain
vanilla Ubuntu on a SunBlade 100 and couldn't get it done - despite trying
several things that Mr. Google recommended.  I have only gotten Debian on it
(HYPERLINK
"http://www.de-brauwer.be/docs/debian_on_sun.html"http://www.de-brauwer.be/d
ocs/debian_on_sun.html).  I think Aurora is kinda sketchy - the news posts
goes from August 2003 to Nov 2004 to nov 2005 to Feb-Apr-Jul of 2006.  I
guess someone has picked it up.  I gave up and just installed OpenBSD on
mine.  FreeBSD was flaky and the latest Solaris was a semi-flop also (gee -
trying to install a Sun OS on a Sun box what was I thinking ?).  Still -
it's a great box - built like a Russian tank .... kinda like OpenBSD - only
poor hardware has ever given an OpenBSD install problems.

Greg

   _____