[ale] Conceptual issue with self-hosting

Brian D. Pitts bpitts at LearnLink.Emory.Edu
Fri Aug 25 18:49:12 EDT 2006

Trey Sizemore <trey at fastmail.fm> writes:
>Thanks.  This is a SLES10 install, I would *assume* mod_proxy is
>installed.  Where do I put the above configuration?  Is there a
>separate config file or is it entered in httpd.conf?
>
>This is Apache 2.2.

In Ubuntu or other Debian-based systems you use a2enmod to load apache modules.
I don't have a SUSE box to test on, but I think what you should do is open the
file /etc/sysconfig/apache2 and find the line that starts with APACHE_MODULES=.
At the end of the string add the words mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http.

The ProxyPass directives can go in httpd.conf. I stuck mine in a virtual host,
but they are valid in many contexts.

Be sure to tell apache to reload after changing the configuration.

-Brian