[ale] DSL -> Cable

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri Aug 25 15:43:53 EDT 2006

James Sumners wrote:

> I won't be watching the Rose Bowl period :)
>
> If I'm not mistaken they have to offer the local channel only package.

But are they required to offer it in an analog format?
My understanding is that recent legislation has mandated
digital service nationwide; I'm not sure if providers are
allowed to phase out analog, though.  (Last year my local
PBS station had to do a special pledge drive in order to
finance a legislatively-mandated upgrade of all their
transmission equipment to be digital-capable.)

-- JK