[ale] DSL -> Cable

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri Aug 25 13:58:14 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 12:39 -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Do you know if that affects regular analog cable? I do not have
> digital (as it seems you do). I have the very basic, local channels
> only, service. Not much changes, to my knowledge, with that.
>
> On 8/25/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> > If you do go with Charter be aware that for some reason everytime they
> > change something on the TV side it affects the provisioning of the
> > Broadband side. I have the 10Mbs service, but it seems that everytime
> > something gets changed I'm reprovisioned back to 1.5, such as the most
> > recent change in Guide Service. As far as I can tell it seems that
> > billing has me listed correctly on their part of the network but when it
> > gets down to the Broadband provisioning it never gets updated and I'll
> > spend several days trying to get it corrected. Tech support blows like
> > WinBloze, when I get through to billing they seem to be able to get it
> > resolved, until next system update....
> > --
> > Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

Not directly, but I'm surprised that they haven't bumped you into basic
digital. They don't even have a basic analog only package listed
anymore. Also the analog channels will be cut off by 12/31/06 and unless
you have a digital tuner (QAM256 capable) you won't be watching the Rose
Bowl on 1/1/07. At least that's the propaganda that I've been given by
Charter. Supposedly that's part of all the recent changes.
--
Scott Castaline aka Bad2theBone

Hey! I was born crazy, what's your excuse?