[ale] From DSL to Fiber

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 24 16:28:50 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:15 -0600, JK wrote:

> Or maybe it would just start to melt and fall apart around
> Mach 50 or so.  Not to mention the lawsuits that will begin
> to fall like hot metallic rain on the pilot, owner, manufacturer,
> and everyone else remotely involved in the entire escapade,
> due to the massive destruction of property accompanying the
> aircraft's violent passage and even more violent demise.
> They'll be in court until the heat death of the universe.

Assuming, of course, humans exist long enough to escape this little rock
we currently inhabit before the death of the main thermo-nuclear power
supply at the center of the solar system runs out of fuel. That should
occur substantially sooner than the heat death of the universe.

I am, of course, ignoring the obvious that the likelihood of the heat
death of the universe having any ill-effects on the undead species such
as those that would be wrangling this matter in court is a matter of
discussion that warrants further investigation. If the legal teams are
composed of the same team from SCO, the heat death of the universe may
be postponed due to the massive quantity of methane generated which is
an effective heat trapping gas....