[ale] Hmm. New employer for someone?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Aug 23 15:33:16 EDT 2006

I remember going to the "IBM Tower" in midtown right after IBM had
started doing layoffs for the first time in its history in the early
90s.  I went to see a guy there about AIX as we were doing our first
RS6000 install.  He was the only person left on the entire floor.  I
often wondered how depressing it must have been to go in each day
knowing it wouldn't take the company long to figure out they get rid of
the floor if they got rid of you.