[ale] inventory network hardware and even software

tmh at cfl.rr.com tmh at cfl.rr.com
Sat Aug 19 11:06:13 EDT 2006

>Basically I am looking for a database program that will inventory
>network hardware and even software.   I need to be able to input the
>data manually or run scripts that would upload to the database.

Adrin:

I've a user who uses my Order Processing App (www.sababeach.net) to
keep an inventory of his computer hardware/software and track problem
reports against. He enters a computer as an Inventory part, constructs
a bill of materials for the part which includes all the hardware
components and software which make up the computer. When a problem
occurs he writes a service order against the computer, prints a service
ticket, resolves the problem. The service tickets give him a problem
history per computer, per component (each component is also an
Inventory part). My app does not use a DB. It uses flat files.

tim