[ale] [OT] bomb hoax

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Aug 18 08:25:09 EDT 2006

It's not racial - they're profiling geeks under the misapprehension that
they can detect computer viruses by whether we have the sniffles or not.
;-)

My comment about carry on was related to the changes made after the
British arrests.  They didn't restrict the liquids and gels completely -
they said it had to go in checked rather than carry on baggage.  Their
reasoning for that was they have machines to scan for explosives in
checked baggage which implies they don't have them for carry on.

Another poster talked about waiting for the stuff to go through the
detector being a problem but I don't see how that would be any more of a
delay than the putting them through x-ray machines.