[ale] packages for compiling in Kubuntu

Barlow, Jim D jim.d.barlow at intel.com
Tue Aug 15 20:48:11 EDT 2006

Also,

Be sure to "sudo apt-get install buld-essential" for the compiler setup
and goodies.

You will want to install build-dep for your packages if sources are
available.

For example, to build a modern bacula, I did an apt-get build-dep bacula
(though the deb sources are VERY old, this saved time ferreting out the
source dependencies)

Then your downloaded modern sources compile pretty easily.