[ale] ALE NW for 8/17

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:16:53 EDT 2006

> Are these schools closing?  Why?

These schools are closing their satellite campuses at the
Lawrenceville site by request of the Board of Regents to allow the new
institution to have a shot at becoming one of the largest colleges in
the University System.   For years, the Gwinnett county folks have
been asking for this, and they finally got it.

On one hand you give up some schools who have names for themselves,
and on the other, you have a school which can try to do things a
different way.  We're chartered with the intention of being a
technologically innovative.  I know some of the things I'm working on
aren't new in concept, but our approach to it is very much different
than others.  It's an interesting experiment to say the least.

bnm