[ale] FC5 updates-now Kubuntu 6.06.1

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Aug 14 20:28:36 EDT 2006

Brian D. Pitts wrote:

> OUR updates dont take nearly that long, more like minutes instead of hours.
>
> And we now have handy maintenance releases.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2006-August/000088.html
>
> "This is the first maintenance release of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, which
> continues to be supported with maintenance updates and security fixes
> until June 2009 (on desktops) and June 2011 (on servers).
>
> Over 300 post-release updates have been pre-applied, so that fewer
> updates will need to be downloaded after installation, and a number of
> bugs in the installation system have been corrected.  These include
> security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a
> focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.
> We do not expect that certifications against Ubuntu 6.06 LTS will need
> to be updated for this maintenance release."

I'm not sure what this means to me... I have kept up with all the
updates, and there seemed to be MANY, maybe approaching/exceeding 100??
so, if I keep up with updates, do I need to update my system using the CD's?
obviously, I need to download the newer version to give to people, so
they don't have to go through all the 6.06 updates..

--
Paul Cartwright