[ale] High-end Collocation facilities

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Aug 11 16:12:16 EDT 2006

> Any recommendations for co-location facilities in Atlanta?  Preferably Northeast Atlanta?
> Keep in mind that I'm not necessarily looking for the lowest-cost option, but rather one with "industrial strength" backup power, security, HVAC, and redundant communications.  The staff and facilities should be professional -- I don't want to look low-budget if a client wants a tour, or if I need to set up a VPN to a customer site.
> I also don't want to be told that "Autumn is coming soon" when I complain that the 84-degree server room is way too warm (which is what my current facility told me).

I just yanked a whole rack full from ATL7 now know as 'Verizon Business'.
Nice facilities, good bandwidth.. and a business/billing/customer-service
office from the dark side of the moon. On the other hand, I was able to
get past "security" by convincing someone in customer service on the phone
(who was clueless) that I should be authorized access, while standing in
the lobby on my cell phone and 'social engineering my way' past their
security.  They added my name to a list, and when it appeared on the
security desks screen as 'on the list', I got a badge and a key to my
clients cabinet.. and yanked their servers for them.

I moved them to Chattaboogie to a small colo facility that knows the
relevant parties by sight.

High End in ATL: Is Sunguard still in business? a few years ago they were
very good, and slightly expensive but worth it.