[ale] Opinions of Arch Linux?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:03:55 EDT 2006

The version of the distribution doesn't matter. All are generated in
the same manner. They base the distribution on the stable branch of
Debian and then mangle newer packages to work on top of it.

It seems there is a GUI for pacman in development. The web page is at
http://www.andy-roberts.net/software/jacman/index.html and it can be
installed through the AUR repository. Looks pretty swanky for a GUI.
Personally, I prefer the CLI clients as I am quite accustomed to using
apt-get and dpkg.

I fail to see how package management is related to playing games.