[ale] Converting someone with AOL to use Linux…

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 1 19:07:26 EDT 2006

On the AOL side, it might help to let them know that AOL will soon cease
to be an ISP and will become more of a portal (see the new netscape.com
page to get a preview). So, soon, all of the content they're used to
will be accessible from a plain old Web site. Once that's the case, it
shouldn't matter what operating system they use. Just get them on
Firefox to ease the transition and you're most of the way there. I find
that users who just see a computer as a way to access content on the
Internet don't go far beyond the browser anyway.