[ale] Real puzzler

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Thu Apr 27 02:47:11 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> First things first, you may want to check your system clock:
>
>> Message was signed on 12-31-1969 18:59 with unknown key 0xAAD2044F.
>> The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
>
> That's not a good thing.  :-)

Actually, this looks to be a difference of opinion between KMail and Enigmail
(the PGP/GPG extension for Thunderbird).  Enigmail says about my original
signature:

Good signature from Ben Coleman <oloryn at benshome.net>
Key ID: 0xAAD2044F / Signed on: 4/25/2006 11:52 PM

However, on your current signature, I get:

gpg command line and output:
C:\\GnuPG\\gpg.exe --charset utf8  --batch --no-tty --status-fd 2 --verify
gpg: Signature made 04/26/06 17:22:14 using DSA key ID 19C59A30
gpg: WARNING: signature digest conflict in message
gpg: Can't check signature: general error

I'm kind of suspecting that the problem is KMail's, as I don't see this kind
of problem with signatures on the list from other mail programs like mutt and
Evolutionl.

> As far of the rest of your problems, however, I haven't a clue.  I've been
> using a 2.6 system for quite some time now, and I have had no kernel
> problems with it, or problems with any software running on it, save for the
> nVidia binary drivers (though, that's not the kernel's fault).

This is the first problem I've run into with 2.6 myself.

Ben

--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net    | The attempt to legislatively
http://oloryn.home.mindspring.com/ | micromanage equality results, at best,