[ale] Linux shut down log file question

Tim Erwin niwre.mit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 10:32:35 EDT 2006

I am trying to install a Linksys wireless PCI adapter on my SuSe machine.
SuSe 10 allows me to do so, and my connection to the internet works
fine...until I shut down. During shutdown, there is a message that displays
some kind of error about the interface "ra1" (which is then configuration
entry that seems to take the place of my old "eth0", the wired NIC).

I've looked at all the log files that YaST displays in its GUI, but there
must be a shutdown log file somewhere.

Can anyone tell me where to find such a log file?

Thanks. I need to get past this problem in order to get to my Hauppauge PCR
150 problem (which doesn't work in xawtv or kdetv).
  -Tim