[ale] Anyone familiar with Modis IT Resource Management company here in Atlanta

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Mon Apr 24 17:40:57 EDT 2006

Fellow ALE's,

Our conversion of our school to Linux K12LTSP has gone well.  We have
now converted the entire school to Linux thin clients (except for
teacher's Win XP PCs and a handful of stand alone Win PCs for special
needs students that have expensive software without Linux drivers), and
it has gone extremely well.  A few of you have come to see it for
themselves, and I reiterate the invitation for others to see what a
difference a stable, secure OS and modern software and the right
architecture for older PCs can make.

One of our next steps is to have an outside consultant from a company
called Modis IT Resource Management come and evaluate the conversion and
its impact on the school and potentially on the district.  Googling them
produces several instances of Linux projects in which they've been
involved, so it doesn't appear that they are a pro-MS house, but I was
wondering if anyone in this group knew of them or any stories regarding
their work in Linux.  My hope is that this consultant will be completely
unbiased and as such will be overwhelmingly in favor of our conversion
and recommend it to the district IT folks.  Any advice, including red
flag statements/questions he might make/ask that indicate a bias against
Linux, are appreciated.

Daniel