[ale] Working Smarter with GnuCash and TXF

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Mon Apr 24 14:54:47 EDT 2006

ALErs -

I was pretty happy with my first experience using GnuCash to prepare my
#$@%^!! Taxes. I went about it in a very rudimentary way, just importing
my old Quicken categories (GnuCash 'accounts') and entering the year's
checks. NOW I WANT MORE!!

I see that GnuCash can export 'Tax eXchange Format' ("TXF"), but I
haven't found how to flag a GnuCash 'account' so it can be exported. I
did check the "Tax Related" box for some headings, but still don't know
how to flag them for export nor to associate them so TurboTax can import
them against any specific form.

Where can I learn a bit about this? GnuCash has extensive 'Help', but I
didn't find anything on 'TXF' or making it work.

TIA for any pointers.

 - Mills