[ale] OT: New kernel build of 2.6.16

Steve Hamlin hamlinsg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:29:54 EDT 2006

What kinds of modules are you building?  Everything possible?

I've built 2.6.1x kernels in way less than that - /usr/src/linux-2.6.1x was
a few hundred megs, but that was with few drivers other than what I
specifically needed on a normal desktop (1x
ide,eth,alsa,usb,scsc-cd,ati,etc).

I don't remember how much it actually took to build, but I since I never had
much space on root, I don't think it was over 500MB to build, if that.

If my multi-year gentoo install hadn't just sank with a failed hardrive (bad
me!) ,  I'd re-run a build and let you know both (perm and tmp).  Have
ubuntu to tide me over, and am not screwing around underneath.

 -Steve