[ale] Firefox Update

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Wed Apr 19 12:16:22 EDT 2006

I am sure that this is a rudimentary question, but I don' t have the
answer. I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox for Linux.  I
assume that it will execute on must any flavor of Linux ( Red Hat,
SUSE).  I am running SUSE 10.  I have done the gzip -d and the tar
-xvf.  But I don't see any install script.  If I run Firefox from the
directory containing all the new files, I get the latest version, but of
course the version I get from the icon on the desktop is the old
version.  How do I install this?

Thanks,

Terry Bailey