[ale] printing on 3x5 cards

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon Apr 17 10:41:29 EDT 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 22:31, Jim Philips wrote:

| I got interested in GTD as a productivity system and there is a neat way
| to implement it called the Hipster PDA, that involves keeping all of your
| info on a small stack of 3x5 index cards. I found some templates for
| printing out the cards. But I can't make them print correctly, no way, no
| how.

Jim,
  The first place you have to look is at your printer's manual.  Will it
even handle paper that small.  Most won't.

That leaves you with only one truly viable alternative: Avery #5388.
With any luck there is a template for this. This is an 8.5X11 inch piece
of card stock perforated for 3X5 cards. Expensive, yes. But lots cheaper
than repairing a laser printer with a piece of card stock hopelessly
jammed in its innards.  (I assume a laser printer as most inkjet printers
have a straight-through paper path and should be able to handle small
pieces of card stock.)

Sean