[ale] printing on 3x5 cards

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 16 22:31:49 EDT 2006

I got interested in GTD as a productivity system and there is a neat way to
implement it called the Hipster PDA, that involves keeping all of your info
on a small stack of 3x5 index cards. I found some templates for printing out
the cards. But I can't make them print correctly, no way, no how. They are in
portrait format and my printer's paper guide won't move in to 3 inches and
hold the cards up straight. So, I should be able to flip them around to
landscape format and print that way. Right? But the only application I can
find that will do that is Gimp (the templates are available as .png files as
well as .pdf's). But if I flip the cards sideways in Gimp, my printer (Epson
C-62) spits out nothing but raw postscript as text. Can anybody think of a
good way to trick out either the .png or .pdf files and get them to print in
landscape format on index cards?