[ale] Digital camera question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Apr 15 20:18:31 EDT 2006

Bob Slaughter wrote:
> I wasn't too worried about the software, I was more worried about the
> ability of moving the data off the camera and onto the system for
> manipulation. I know a few years ago some cameras had weird protocols
> that weren't very Linux friendly. I hate to buy a camera and have no way
> to offload the images.

An almost fool proof solution is a camera that has a removable memory
card of some type. That way you can simply pull the card out and stick
it in a card reader.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin