[ale] ALE CENTRAL for Thursday, April 13, 7:30pm

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 10:36:19 EDT 2006

Oh man, I had a pretty ok fun time too.  Given the amount of TV I watch, I'm
still pretty much on the fence about building such a system. But if it'd
change my wife's life around, I might have to do it just for the
entertainment value.

I did some desultory checking around.  You can get Hauppauge 350 s and 500s
from Newegg ( http://newegg.com ) with three-day shipping.  Alas, the local
Big Three (Monarch, Fry's, CompUSA) don't appear to have the exact models we
discussed last night. Someone is selling a 400 on the local CraigsList
however. Of course, you can also buy it direct from Hauppauge (
http://www.hauppauge.com ) if you don't mind paying list.

-- CHS