[ale] GRUB issue on boot

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 00:05:22 EDT 2006

Umm, you can edit the boot parameters of a LILO profile. Let's say you
forgot your root password, LILO is your bootloader, and you only have
one profile defined named "Linux". That profile is going to be
configured to load a typical production system but you need it to boot
the system differently. Okay, no problem. Type the profile name
followed by the parameters you want; e.g. `Linux root=/dev/hda1
init=/bin/sh`. "Command line" edited and problem solved. No funky keys
pressed. No obscure commands to tell the bootloader what you are
trying to do.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/