[ale] GRUB issue on boot

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 13 11:19:18 EDT 2006

James Sumners wrote:

> I'm sorry if my opinion of Grub offends anyone, but I think it is
> garbage. LILO just works. Yes, you have to remember to update the
> bootsector when the kernel changes. That is the only catch I have
> experienced, though. The configuration is simple and the bootloader
> actually loads the kernel.

I don't know that your opinion offends anyone, and they shouldn't, after
all they are just opinions based on your experiences.  I just think
you're in the minority here.  I was a long time LILO user, and moved to
grub grudgingly.  Just the same, I only run LILO on slack boxes because
that is the default and I'm too lazy to change it.  grub is much more
flexible.

Of course these are my opinions.  If they offend anyone tough. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin