[ale] Enabling access via SSH

Alan E. Stewart aeswx at uga.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:52:50 EDT 2006

I have enabled SSH access for a colleague to access my Linux machine
from Colorado.  He can ssh to it, however, he cannot get commands to
execute.  He reports the machine freezes or becomes non-responsive and
that he has to kill the ssh to regain access.  He has permission to
access the directories in which he will be working.  What settings (i.
e., in users/groups or the firewall) should I examine to enable his
successfully ssh to the machine.  Thanks,...Alan