[ale] 3151 terminal emulation?

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Wed Apr 12 16:16:48 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

I need to do IBM 3151 terminal emulation on Mac OS X or Linux.  (I
prefer Mac because I carry that with me everyday anyway.  I have an
old 300 mhz laptop running Ubuntu that I can use if I can't use the
Mac.)

I have used the Demo for Powerterm.  It works fine but sells for
$150!!!!

There is a winblows program called Net term that a coworker uses but
it only comes in one flavor.

I was googling for info on Kermit.  I have used it to do many tricks
in the past but I cannot find any info on if it can emulate the IBM
3151.

I have Zterm but it seems to only do VT100.  3151 is a much more
sophisticated term type.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark