[ale] stoopid evolution spam filter

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 11 17:03:18 EDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 12:31:54PM -0400, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I love Evolution.  It allows me to easily communicate with everyone
> including those that run Windoze.  I use Mutt sometimes when all I have
> is a tty and it is difficult to read HTML mail.  I'd like to figure out
> a way to use links or something to vie the mail because it wants to fire
> up mozilla which requires a GUI.

Hmm, I'm using mutt on a debian system, and it does this out of the box
(by "this", I mean uses links to display HTML mail).  I don't see where
this is configured though.

> It is a nice program but has gotten too fat IMO.

Just like the rest of gnome, and now GTK+.

I stopped using gnome a long time ago, because I got tired of the
apparent attitude by the developers that they know better than I do how
I should use my computer.

> Personally all I need are the following:
>
> 1. Multiple IMAP account support
> 2. Read HTML mail support

Have you tried thunderbird?  I wouldn't call it light, but it's
certainly not as fat as evolution.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9