[ale] Python in FC4

Joe Knapka jknapka at Kneuro.net
Tue Apr 11 15:23:52 EDT 2006

Pete Hardie wrote:

>As part 2 of the ongoing saga of my FC 4 install continues, I'm having
>trouble getting Python to find Tkinter on the box.  rpm -qa shows
>tkinter installed, but I can't get the Python installation to see it.
>Googling doesn't reveal a simple answer in the limited amount of
>keywords I can believe relevant.

How are you determining whether tkinter is found?

For a while I was convinced that tkinter was not installed
by default on MacOSX (though Python *is* present when
you get the machine from Apple).  I tried "import tkinter"
and "import TkInter", no joy, gave up for a while since
I didn't really need to do Python on the Mac anyway.
Turns out the magic is "import Tkinter"....

-- JK