[ale] stoopid evolution spam filter

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Apr 11 12:31:54 EDT 2006

I love Evolution.  It allows me to easily communicate with everyone
including those that run Windoze.  I use Mutt sometimes when all I have
is a tty and it is difficult to read HTML mail.  I'd like to figure out
a way to use links or something to vie the mail because it wants to fire
up mozilla which requires a GUI.

I have problems when pasting XML and stuff like that into the email.  It
can cause the whole process to lock up.  Even now after running
evolution on my system for many months I can no longer close it.  When I
do close it my CPU goes to 100% and it seems to just sit there.  So to
kill evolution I now type 'killall -9 evolution'

It is a nice program but has gotten too fat IMO.
Personally all I need are the following:

1. Multiple IMAP account support
2. Read HTML mail support

I personally do my filtering on my mail server so luckily I don't have
to worry about that.