[ale] Offering services over PPP

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Mon Apr 10 17:16:02 EDT 2006

ALErs -

My system uses a PPP connection and I want the system's Apache web
server to accept browser connections over that link. Incoming requests
over ethernet ('eth0') are handled fine, but I'm not getting a response
from browsers directed to the IP of the system's 'ppp0' connection.
Likewise, 'ping' to the system's ethernet IP is answered, but not to its
PPP IP. Therefore I suspect a broader problem than just the web server.
Do I have to turn incoming PPP access 'ON'?

Any hints?

TIA.

 - Mills