[ale] Fedora Core 4 rpm management?

tom sawyer tomsayer3135 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 13:08:17 EDT 2006

Well, I think this has me in a better place now.

Another friend pointed out Synaptic for package
managment.  It has several package dependencies which
I needed to install first.

I was able to use yum to install yumex which required
an update to yum! :).

After I got yumex installed I was able resolve the
package dependencies for synaptic manually.

Now that I've gone through all this I've found that
"yum search synaptic" shows the synaptic package
available!  Oh well, it's been a learning experience.

Thanks to all,
Tom