[ale] shifting permissions

H. A. Story adrin at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 4 21:52:36 EDT 2006

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

>On Tuesday 04 April 2006 20:28, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
>| I remain clueless.
>
>I am no longer clueless. OS assigns Thumb Drive to /dev/sdb1.
>I needed to change the perms on that device. Did so. Now it
>mounts without problem.
>
>Sean

Now that you figured that out.   I set my /etc/fstab up much easier
knowing that perhaps one day it will change and break.   I just have the
line

/dev/sdb1       /mnt/usb1          vfat      noauto,user,rw   0    0

Keep in mind that when you add or remove a SCSI device in the future it
will break.   Now there are several pages on udev and how to set it up
with hotplug.  You can basically setup the system to auto mount the
device based on Manufactor and/or serial number it looks like.   I have
not played with it enough though.

Adrin