[ale] weird problem with screensaver and stand-by mode

Van Loggins vanloggins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 11:10:21 EDT 2006

Thanks for the advice James, I got so fed up with it last night that I
did the following to it (not sure which item fixed it), and one of the
changed items seems to have fixed it.

Here is what I changed.

1. edited grub.conf and added the line noacpi to default kernel entry
2. disabled acpi service
3. completely disabled screensaver.
4. disabled lmsensors service.

One of these actions seems to have fixed the problem. I was able to
use the computer the rest of the evening with no problems. I left it
on and running with the monitor turned off so I'll know for sure when
I check this evening. If it did fix it, I will try changing each item
back individually to see if I can figure out exactly what fixed the
problem.