[ale] support for DV.Now card or other video card?

Steve Hamlin hamlinsg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 23:56:01 EDT 2006

I've found the info below, but these appear to be for a firewire version,
which converts between analog audtio/video and DV (a digital format used
by videocameras)

Not a PCI card, but these might help....

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2002/09/msg00063.html

<snip>
As the maintainer of Linux1394 (the kernel support for IEEE1394 on
Linux) and the proud owner of a Hollywood Dazzle DV Bridge, I can tell
you that it works on Debian (actually it works on any Linux dist).

I suggest getting 2.4.19 kernel source, and recompiling with ohci1394,
raw1394 and dv1394 support.

You can also check into some other programs such as kino, dvgrab, etc...
There are plenty of video tools around, including mpeg compression tools
(look at http://marillat.free.fr/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/ for
some unofficial Debian packages relating to mpeg).

You can also check out http://www.linux1394.org/ for info on the
IEEE-1394 support, aswell as links for related software.
</snip>

http://www.kinodv.org/dcforum/dcforum?az=show_topic&forum=102&topic_id=527&mesg_id=527&page=5

http://www.kinodv.org/dcforum/dcforum?az=show_topic&forum=102&topic_id=523&mesg_id=523&page=5

http://www.kinodv.org/dcforum/dcforum?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=141&mesg_id=141&page=