[ale] Happy Event! (was RE: SystemRescueCD got only one shot! )

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Wed Sep 28 16:05:12 EDT 2005

Jeff -

I burned the _full_ 5-CD set and installed from those. Long project, but
(for once) Bittorrent max'd out my DSL link and kept it that way "till
morning". If you can burn a DVD, there are ISOs for that also. Won't drop
the download time, but the medium might be handier,or someone who has it
might burn you a copy.

I don't know about net-based alternatives, as this is my first SuSe
encounter. I booted my laptop from the 1st CD, which may have defaulted me,
or maybe I just chose my intended CD installation as a 'no-brainer' without
really thinking about it.

There was a basic or 'core' installation of some type that used a lot of
material off the first CD, then specific packages were loaded off the others
- in my [generic] installation, the amount pulled off the 4th and 5th CDs
was small indeed.

I expect more experienced pilgrims will chime in on this.

 - Mills