[ale] Infringing Microsoft's look and feel?

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Sep 27 10:06:33 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 12:19 am, fostermail at bellsouth.net wrote:
| When dealing with the situation of a *.doc file being required,
compatibility appears unidirectional. I don't know how to save in different
locations without touching the filename I'm trying to save (i.e. it doesn't
create the file where the work is to be saved.)

I suspect you have some problems _other_ than OO itself.
What version of OO are you running?

The Save As command in OO brings up a dialog box that permits you to
specify the location, (if you don't want the default one) and the file
name and format (~.doc, ~.txt. ~.rtf for example). Or, under the File
menu, you can export as a ~.pdf. All of these options have worked well
for me in all the versions of OO I have used.

OO _should_ work well with a half-gig of memory. I'd suspect a hardware
problem somewhere.

Sean