[ale] WiFi PC Card Market

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 27 09:14:17 EDT 2005

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> It has a mini-pci slot that is used by the built-in NIC. I have the same
> model.
>
> I thought it was dumb, too.
>
> There is a mini-pci card that can be plugged in that has both ethernet
> NIC support AND wireless b support. The problem is the lack of an
> antenna in the T20. You would have to find a way to route one yourself.

Be careful with this.  I'd borrow a card first to see if it will work.
My hp has a mini-pci slot, but when I put a card in it, the bios
complained of an 'unsupported' card.  Seems HP only wants you to use
their card.  Since their's is $100 and I picked one up for $45, I
figured that made sense.  Sucks, sounds like a Microsoft solution...

--
Until later, Geoffrey