[ale] Mandriva upgrade problem

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Sat Sep 24 14:32:04 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 12:45 -0400, Mark Wright wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:16:05 -0400
> Joe Steele <joe at madewell.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 11:59 -0400, Mark Wright wrote:
> > > Continuing the stab in the dark approach I have been monkeying with
> > > fstab and here is what I have ended up with.  (Still getting
> > > "mounting other file systems" message hang.)
> > >
> > > /dev/hda1	/	est3	defaults	1 1
> >
> > What's an est3 filesystem?
>
> a typo

Obviously  :)

The point of the question was whether the typo was in your fstab or was
only in your e-mail -- i.e., was the typo causing your problem?

Presuming the typo was not causing your problem:

"mounting other file systems" occurs in /etc/rc.d/init.d/netfs.  You
could disable netfs (chkconfig netfs off) to see if it still hangs.

--Joe