[ale] "shutdown -r now" vs "init 6" vs "reboot"

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 20 12:15:21 EDT 2005

shutdown -r -t 1 "Bugger off. The plug's been pulled"

shutdown -r -t 30000 "I'm going to haunt you FOREVER"

shutdown -r now "Bugger off. You're screwed anyway 'cause I'm not
waiting on you. Loser."

shutdown -h -t 1 "Hi! I'm your remote admin. I just told the server you
are using to delete all your files. I'll be back in the office after I
get a raise."

shutdown -h now "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

shutdown -r -t 1 "Formating hard drive...."

BOFH trained and certified.