[ale] Linux on new laptops

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Mon Sep 19 21:36:31 EDT 2005

I will second this. I'm typing this on my Thinkpad T40 now. It's a great
machine, nice and thin, and runs Linux like a champ. I only run linux or BSD
so it's a deciding factor when I purchase a machine whether it's supported
well or not.

This thinkpad and the previous one I owned (i1200) were both great under
Linux, even the built-in wireless chips and the function keys for the
keyboard light, volume control, and so forth. I highly recommend Thinkpads. I
also was able to pick up this machine for 775 on ebay, so it wasn't too
pricey for the feature set, and I love it.

-Jay