[ale] ThinkPad sound working (DVDs too slow)

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Sep 15 15:44:31 EDT 2005

Geoffrey,

DMA is on:

ls -l /dev/cd*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            5 Sep 24  2003 /dev/cd -> cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Feb  4  2003 /dev/cdrom -> /dev/hdc
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            3 Sep  7 01:03 /dev/cdrw -> hdc
brw-r-----    1 root     disk      24,   0 Jul 18  1994 /dev/cdu535

ls -l /dev/dvd*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            3 Sep  7 01:03 /dev/dvd -> hdc

hdparm /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)