[ale] Best host distro for UML system?

tom sawyer tomsayer3135 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 06:51:56 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup a UML system.  Howeverr, I'm
wondering which distro. is buest for the host?  I've
had experiences with RH7.x, Slack 9/10, SuSe 9.x.  We
may want support for the distro down the line (don't
know yet).

Also, is UML the best solution for what I'm trying to
do?  The plan is for UML to create "virtual" networks
inside of the host system so that I can route traffic
through multiple UML instancees without needing
multiple physical boxes.  I also need to abstract the
network interface by at least one layer because a
program I'm running binds itself to 2 of the nics on
the system via a kernel module and won't let anything
else "touch" them.

Thanks all,
Tom