[ale] backup a running RH7.2 box

lyric hartley leeslist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:07:45 EDT 2005

not sure if you would want to go this route but systemimager can use
rsync to image the box to another server with never having to shut it
down....it does an excellent job and you can dig through/modify/chroot
into the image and be able to install it to whatever boxes you
want...but not sure what all of your requirements are
http://www.systemimager.org/
basically you would have to
install rpms on client and server
run getimage
you will have to open the firewall enough for rsync to do it's thing

brief howto
http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/systemimager/index.php

it is not hard to setup...nice tool

good luck