[ale] IPW2200 poor reception

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 11 15:54:32 EDT 2005

I have that same type wifi in my compal efl30 (finally learned what to call this laptop).  I think you should
check your powersaving settings for the wifi.  You might be turning down your transmit power quite
a bit in battery mode.  Do you have such settings available for changing under proc?  Are you
running the RHEL3 or 4 that came on the laptop?
Thanks,
Dow