[ale] cheap network attached storage?

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Sun Sep 11 03:01:47 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone who chipped in, but my boss decided it was easier / cheaper
to buy a 160GB drive (on sale at CompUSA for 29.99 after rebates) and stick
it in an old workstation at the office, then set up amanda on it.

On the plus side, all this talk and looking at some of these gadgets has got
me thinking about getting one for home anyway, for backing up all my media
(movies, TV shows, music). I also only run Linux/BSD at home, so all the
replies I got on this one still apply :)

Thanks again, as usual there were some great answers to my question,
unfortunately I didn't get to put them to use (yet).

-Jay