[ale] OT: Speedfactory dropping USENET news

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed Sep 7 00:58:57 EDT 2005

James, I think you made my point.  It's best to avoid DSL if you want to use VOIP easily.

Which makes perfect sense - the phone companies don't want their users to be able to use VOIP.  It would defeat their business model(s).  They wouldn't be able to charge 4 cents a minute for Long Distance.  The phone companies also make it clear that they are not ISPs because of the regulation issues; they also maintain that they are not 'content providers' either.

Kind regards,
CB